The Bob & Dolores Hope Foundation is currently not accepting any new Grant Letter of Inquiry Requests through our website or in writing sent by U.S. Postal Service or Private Delivery Service. This moratorium of new grants will continue through December 31, 2020.
We sincerely hope you may find funding from another source for your program and wish you success in this endeavor.
The Bob & Dolores Hope Foundation considers organizations that fit our funding criteria and align with our mission statement. All grant applications are by invitation only.
- 501(c)(3) public charities or the international equivalent
- Fiscal responsibility and strong organization leadership/governance
- Organizations or programs that are innovative and poised for growth where Foundation resources have the potential for significant impact
- Opportunities to encourage philanthropy by leveraging Foundation resources to stimulate additional funding to these programs
Although we identify qualified organizations throughout the United States, our main focus is organizations that serve New York City, Bronx, New York, Cleveland, Ohio, and Southern California.
Bob & Dolores Hope Foundation Does Not Fund:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of religion, gender, race, ethnicity, political beliefs, or disabilities
- Lobbying or political activities
- Major research projects
- Any commercial business purpose
- Any litigation that is underway, contemplated, or completed
- Endowments, building campaigns, special events or annual funds
- Direct grants to individuals
After reviewing the Foundation’s funding guidelines and your organization’s eligibility, if you believe that your project and organization meet these criteria, the first step is to submit a Letter of Inquiry to the Foundation.
Our Trustees review all Letters of Inquiry submitted through this website. Those organizations that our Trustees feel are appropriate for consideration of a grant will be contacted, but this is no assurance that upon further due diligence the grant will be approved. Grant Award Letters are issued for all approved grants.
If you do not get a response to your Letter of Inquiry within 6 months of submission, you can assume it was not accepted for further discussion.
Our Foundation receives a large number of requests for assistance, and we regretfully have to decline many commendable applications. Our decision in no way indicates a negative assessment of your organization or the proposal. We sincerely hope you may find funding from another source for this program and wish you success in this endeavor.